The regional and cosmopolitan art fair Art Paris 2024 will unveil its 26th edition at the Grand Palais Éphémère from April 4 – 7, 2024, bringing together the best modern and contemporary artistic creation, re-establishing its presence as a major spring art event.

Following a consistent focus on discovery and innovation since its founding in 1999, the fair will be welcoming a strong international presence in 2024, encompassing 136 modern and contemporary art galleries from 25 countries. This edition will be exploring two themes: Fragile Utopias. A Focus on the French Scene and Art & Craft, led respectively by guest curators Éric de Chassey and Nicolas Trembley. In parallel, The Promises sector for young galleries will support new talents whilst the Solo Show sector will feature historical figures through monographic exhibitions contributing to their re-discovery.

With a 30% increase in new arrivals compared to 2023, the 2024 selection is marked by the very first participation of several trendsetting European contemporary art galleries: Esther Schipper (Berlin, Paris), Peter Kilchmann (Zurich, Paris), Meessen De Clercq (Brussels), Michel Rein (Paris, Brussels) and Richard Saltoun (London, Rome), joined by returning galleries such as Poggi, Frank Elbaz, Continua, Lelong & Co, Almine Rech and Perrotin. Featuring a majority of French exhibiting galleries, totaling 60%, this edition presents a comprehensive overview of the French gallery ecosystem, ranging from prominent modern and contemporary art galleries in Paris and across the country, all the while extending support to emerging galleries. The remaining 40% is dedicated to a diverse selection of international galleries, including notable names such as Bienvenu Steinberg & J from New York, Circle Art Agency from Kenya, Etemad from Iran, and Soho Revue from London. Notably, 20% of the selection focuses on modern art, with a significant representation of surrealism in honor of the movement’s 100th anniversary in 2024. The addition of first-time exhibitors such as Antoine Laurentin (Paris, Brussels), Boquet (Paris), and the Czech gallery Cermak Eisenkraft will further enrich the existing lineup.

In what was a first in 2022, Art Paris adopted a sustainable approach to organising an art fair based on a life cycle analysis (LCA). This pioneering approach carried out in partnership with Karbone Prod has considerably reduced the fair’s environmental impact. Amongst other improvements, a reduction of 13 tonnes of waste (from 25 to 12 tonnes), 12 tonnes of reused material and a decrease in energy consumption by 37%. For 2024, Art Paris is pursuing its commitment to sustainability and increasing the scope of its approach to take into account the question of visitor mobility with actions aimed at encouraging the use of public transport and carsharing etc.