MONTBLANC PRESENTS THE SECOND EDITION OF MEISTERSTÜCK AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS
Around the World in 80 Days returns as a special edition Meisterstück writing instrument collection and accessories assortment celebrating the wonder of a classic adventure novel that has captured the imagination of many generations. The bestselling novel tells the story of British gentleman Phileas Fogg and his loyal valet Passepartout’s extraordinary trip around the world in just 80 days, in their fearless attempt to win a bet. Both adventurers race against time aboard steamers, trains and even elephants to complete this epic challenge. Inspired by the spirit of travel and adventure, the second edition of the Montblanc Meisterstück Around The World in 80 Days collection starts where the last edition left off – the journey from Bombay to Yokohama – and includes a new limited edition of 811 pieces elaborating on the key design elements of the collection with premium materials and fine hand craftsmanship.
Reflecting their passage through India, China and their arrival in Japan, the writing instruments feature designs reminiscent of these cultures, including Indian paisley, Chinese Qing Emperors 5 coins and a Japanese traditional wave pattern. The cartouche that adorns the cap depicts the majestic elephant Kiouni that carries the adventurers through the jungle. Other details include the number ‘80’ on the cap top, which marks the full journey from start to finish, while the number ‘25’ on the back of the cap marks the days it took to travel from Bombay to Yokohama.
A reference to the card game that set the adventure in motion, the clip is embellished with a red lacquered diamond card suit and the cone is engraved with the card suits symbolising Mr. Fogg‘s wager and a pattern inspired by Princess Aouda‘s jewellery, the princess he falls in love with. The burnt wood effect on the Solitaire Edition and Limited Edition represents the princess being saved from a fire ritual by Mr Fogg. The hot air balloon engraving on the nib is an homage to the author Jules Verne and his first ever adventure novel Five Weeks in a Balloon, and ‘20/10’ and ‘14/11’ engraved alongside it marks Mr Fogg’s departure from Bombay on 20th of October and from Yokohama on 14th of November.
The Montblanc Meisterstück Around the World in 80 Days collection includes:
- Meisterstück Around The World in 80 Days Resin LeGrand & Classique with a cap and barrel made of anthtracite-colored precious resin with the elephant cartouche laser- engraved on the cap. The precious resin is enhanced with gold-coated fittings and the nib is crafted from Au585 gold. Available as a fountain pen, a rollerball or ballpoint.
- Meisterstück Around The World in 80 Days Doué Classique with a metal barrel covered in a degrade anthracite lacquer and a gold-coated cap engraved with Indian, Chinese, Japanese good luck patterns and the elephant cartouche. Available as a fountain pen with an Au750 gold nib, a rollerball or ballpoint.
- Meisterstück Around The World in 80 Days Solitaire LeGrand displays as cap and barrel made of wood with a burnt color effect and engraved with the Indian, Chinese and Japanese good luck patterns. The cap is embellished with the gold-coated cartouche. Available as a fountain pen with an Au750 gold nib, a rollerball or ballpoint.
- Meisterstück Around The World in 80 Days Limited Edition 811 with a cap made of Ag925 sterling silver with a vintage finish and engraved Indian, Chinese and Japanese good luck pattern, featuring a solid Au750 gold-casted elephant in the jungle cartouche. Made of ebony wood with an engraved pattern, the barrel is decorated with a Au750 solid gold inlay inspired by the five coins of the Qing Dynasty. The Ag925 Sterling silver clip is set with a red lacquered diamond card suit, while the solid Au750 gold nib, engraved with a Princess Aouda-inspired jewellery design is set with 1.5mm ruby. A mother-of-pearl Montblanc emblem crowns the writing instrument.
- A stationery set to accompany the writing edition includes an anthracite-colored leather notebook with an intricate expression of the elephant in the jungle on its cover, as well as a special ink color in Anthracite available in cartridges or ink bottle.
- For men’s accessories, the Meisterstück Tribute to the Book Around the World in 80 Days Club & Diamond Cufflinks in stainless steel and mother-of-pearl with the card suit design, and the Meisterstück Bracelet Tribute to the Book Around the World in 80 Days Ace of Club & Diamond in steel and green or yellow leather complete the accessories assortment.
The Montblanc Meisterstück Around The World in 80 Days collection is available from April 2023 at Montblanc boutiques worldwide and online. For more information visit www.montblanc.com