HEALTHY COCKTAILS COURTESY OF THE LONDONER HOTEL
The Londoner hotel, a.k.a. world’s first super boutique hotel, designed in collaboration with world-renowned architectural designers Yabu Pushelberg, houses 350 rooms, 16 storeys, six concept eateries, a cinema, and an entire floor dedicated to wellness.Part of its offering is The Stage, the hotel’s lobby bar that’s centred around fine Champagne, but in the theme of wellness, it’s been serving up a variety of healthy cocktails for all of those wanting a hit of well-being at the start of the year.
There’s a series of new cocktails packed with fruit and vegetables, available in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic options. From a chamomile and lychee martini, that sees a medley of soothing chamomile tea, lychee liqueur, Belvedere vodka finished with champagne, to the super healthy beet virgin Mary – a deep ruby red blend of earthy beetroot, spice, and fresh tomato juice. And, good news, the beet virgin Mary is mixologist-friendly and can easily be recreated at home. Full of vitamins and minerals (fibre, B9, magnesium, potassium, and iron to be precise), it’s also a great excuse to partake in this cocktail. Here’s how to make it with a little help from The Londoner Hotel.
Beetroot Virgin Mary
- 125ml Tomato juice
- 5 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dash Tabasco
- 2 dash Soy sauce
- 1 Spoon of runny honey
- 25ml Beetroot juice
- Method of preparation
- Assemble all the ingredients in the order of the recipe into your shaker or mixing vessel.
- Add one ice cube and give it a good stir to incorporate the ingredients together.
- Pour into your favourite glass and add ice to the top.
- Garnish the drink with a rosemary sprig and couple of olives for an indulgent aperitif or to go with your meal.
- Add a dash more to have it as spicy as you like it.