Dinner at VINNIES, Amsterdam
This Summer catering entrepreneurs Vincent de Cloet and Jules Ex will introduce Dinner at VINNIES at Scheldestraat 45. The concept is simple and honest. A fixed, weekly changing menu, consisting of starter, intermediate, main course and dessert.
The cooking is done by Vincent and Jules themselves, only with daily fresh regional products from the season which are supplied by their favorite local suppliers where:
- Seasonal vegetables from the garden and greenhouse of the Wim Bijma
- The finest cuts of meat from our own farm, game & poultry and Lindenhoff raw milk cheeses
- Organic sourdough bread from bread bakery Ex www.broodbakkerijex.nl from Amsterdam-Noord. Indeed as the name suggests, sister of ..
- Sustainably caught fish by Jan van As family business
- Fair dairy straight from Weesp from MOMA
- Organic, biodynamic wines from Pieksman
VINNIES Scheldestraat is open 7 days a week for breakfast and lunch. As from this week, you can now have dinner every Thursday and Friday evening for a 3 to 5-course menu made with the best local seasonal products.
The young entrepreneurs Jules Ex (37) and Vincent de Cloet (36) opened their first location in 2012, VINNIES at Haarlemmerstraat 46. The breakfast and lunch concept were the result of a shared passion for good food and a like-minded vision. Vincent previously worked as a (chef) chef at, among others; The French Café, Azur Bleu and George WPA, Jules gained his experience with, among others, RainaRai, worked as a chef at Harte's restaurant and also worked at George WPA and The French Café.
VINNIES Scheldestraat is open daily from Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, on Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and on Sundays from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm.
The food is light & extremely tasty, with great wine parring. We highly recommend it.
photos by Jasper Faber & Timotej Letonja